Re: Decimal float and the Cygwin build of GFortran.

Angelo Graziosi wrote:

>             ./configure --prefix=${prefix_dir} \

According to the documentation you should not do this (build in the same
dir as the source.)

> A few months ago this did not happen (same building procedure).

The warning is correct because libdecnumber is only supported on linux.
See e.g. <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-06/msg00079.html> or
libdecnumber/configure.ac:

  case $target in
    powerpc*-*-linux* | i?86*-*-linux* | x86_64*-*-linux*)
      enable_decimal_float=yes
      ;;
    *)
      enable_decimal_float=no
      ;;
  esac

If it didn't print the warning in the past I don't think you can
conclude much of anything, other than the lack of a warning was a bug
that was fixed.  Whether or not the library actually works on Cygwin if
you force it to build is something you'd have to determine through
experimentation, however it seems clear that its maintainers don't
expect it to, or at least haven't tested it there.

Brian