Re: [Patch, fortran] Allocation tweaks

Janne Blomqvist wrote:
:ADDPATCH fortran:

Hi,

the attached patch does a few minor tweaks to the allocation functions:

1) In the frontend, mark internal_realloc as a malloc function. From
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Function-Attributes.html:

"realloc-like functions have this property as long as the old pointer is never referred to (including comparing it to the new pointer) after the function returns a non-NULL value."

From looking at the source, gfortran never seems to touch the old pointer.

2) In libgfortran, mark internal_malloc_size as a malloc function.

3) In runtime/memory.c, combine a few functions, since we no longer have separate entry points for GFC_INTEGER_4 and GFC_INTEGER_8 sizes. Also, much of the logic in internal_realloc_size was unnecessary duplication of the semantics of the libc realloc function, so most of that is removed.

4) Mark memory.c(allocate) as a malloc function, since this function is called by other functions in memory.c (though I think unit-at-a-time should catch this, but it won't hurt anyway).

Regtested on i686-pc-linux-gnu, ok for trunk?

Janne,

This is OK.

Jerry