Re: SIMD programming

On 6/27/07, Tim Prince <tprince@myrealbox.com> wrote:
Filippo Maggi wrote:
> Hi there,
> I am working with gfortran on Intel Mac.
> I am looking for some documentation to use SIMD operations with
> gfortran but I cannot fine anything.
>
> What is the approach to take?
In gfortran, use an up to date version, with -ftree-vectorize and
associated options
> Assembly?
C code with intrinsics from <xmmintrin.h> et al.

We could also add the vector extensions which IBM added to their fortran compiler: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/lnxpcomp/v8v101/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.xlf101l.doc/xlflr/intrtyp.htm

In fact I have been thinking about adding them but have not had time
to work on that project yet.

-- Pinski