Re: enhancement suggestion

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

hello,
I have noticed that gfortran implements TRANSPOSE by manipulating the
array descriptor,
switching dimensions and updating strides accordingly, instead of copying.
I'm thinking of two more intrinsics that could be implemented in this way -
RESHAPE for contiguous argument,
and SPREAD by using zero strides in array descriptors.
For code using whole array manipulation extensively, I'd expect there
could be a significant speed-up. Would zero strides cause problems
anywhere else?

Good points. Could you enter a P(roblem) R(eport) for this with some simple examples ? (see http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html).

In the alternative, you could send your examples to me, and I will try to construe a PR from them.

Thanks.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands