can 4.2 and 4.3 be mixed

I have a very basic question. Till recently I was using gcc 4.2, gfortran
4.2. I have compiled lot of libraries (fftw3, mpich2, lapack, blas etc.,)
with these. Now of late, I discovered a problem with gfortran 4.2 (
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2007-06/msg00381.html ) but was fixed in
gfortran 4.3 . So I am now using gcc 4.3, gfortran 4.3.

My question is that, can I use gcc 4.3, gfortran 4.3 etc., and link the
executables with libraries compiled using gcc 4.2, gfortran 4.2? It seems
to be working for now. But I am not sure if it will give me problems in the
long run. Any ideas?

There are lot of libraries and I wish to avoid recompiling all these if I
can get away with it. Any ideas/suggestions/pointers are very welcome.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi