Re: [Patch, fortran] PR32236 - internal compiler error: in gfc_assign_data_value, at fortran/data.c:288

Paul Thomas wrote:
:ADDPATCH fortran:

This patch converts an ICE into an error, since the contributor's testcase is clearly capable of triggering it and is wrong code. The order of checking has been inverted to give the opportunity to free the initialization expression; thereby preventing a repetition of the error.

Regtested on Cygwin_NT/am864 - OK for trunk?

(I will bootstrap it before commiting.)

OK if passes. Note: There is another ice-on-invalid that is similar to this one. I think I may have even suggested this solution. I will try to go back and see if I can find that one and see how this patch relates.

Jerry