Re: runtime error message

Hm, how about valgrind? It sometimes coughes up starting points that help to track down these problems.

Btw, "Not enough space" corresponds to ENOMEM - how large are your files and records? Maybe a buffer-limitation somewhere in libgfortran (think [1,2], not the same but similar)?

The particular file that the program chokes on is about 2mb (88,000 records, with a max record length of 60 characters). Are there any per-job buffer limits? This file is the ninth one to be processed during a run, with each previous file about the same size. If I reorder the sequence of files that are processed, the program has no problem on the original "problem" file, but again chokes on the ninth file to be processed. It "smells" like I have made a coding error, but why that error on an open statement? Weird.

Brad