Re: changelist info

Steve Kargl wrote:
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:31:04AM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
Well to be fair, it also mentions the availability of OpenMP which could
be potentially be a big feature for some users.

I think you could make an argument that if there are significant
end-user-affecting changes that aren't listed on changes.html that the
appropriate thing would be to add them there and not split the
information into multiple places by having it somewhere on the wiki.

The above URLs document "major" changes. It is highly unlikely that any single PR/bug fix falls into the "major" change category.

Indeed. However, I suspect that it _would_ be useful to come up with a count of PRs fixed in 4.2 and put a mention of that in the change document. Telling Brian about them in this thread only answers the question for Brian and maybe three or four lurkers. :)

I should probably also get around to submitting a patch to mention the documentation improvements.

- Brooks