Re: PR31711 - rhs array is changed while assiging to same lhs array

Thomas Koenig wrote:
What should we do about 4.2? Is it too late?

IMHO, both this fix and the fix for PR 31196 should go into 4.2, but we need Mark's approval.

Do we?

This is a fix for a regression, and the 4.2 branch is not currently frozen. The rules for non-frozen release branches permit regression fixes; thus, I'm fairly sure that this is quite explicitly permitted.

(If it's not permitted, I've been doing something wrong, since I was relying earlier today on the fact that those same rules permitted documentation changes on release branches....)

As I understand it, it's only non-regression fixes, like the one for PR31196 that you also mention, that require explicitly asking Mark's permission.

- Brooks