Re: cygwin/gfortran 4.3 install error?

Tim Prince wrote:
Brian Dessent wrote:
Art Lazanoff wrote:

Art@merlin ~/Fortran/MATMUL
$ gfortran -o matmul_g matmul.f90

Art@merlin ~/Fortran/MATMUL
$ ls -l matmul.f90 matmul_g
ls: cannot access matmul_g: No such file or directory
-rwx------ 1 Art None 1623 Jan 3 2006 matmul.f90

Check the return value ($?), I bet it's 53. When you run a binary and
nothing happens, that normally means you're missing a required DLL, in
this case probably mpfr and gmp. You can verify with "cygcheck
/path/to/f951", and then go install those through Cygwin's setup.exe. This is mentioned on the wiki page, BTW.
Good point. BTW, I installed the pre-built mpfr and gmp from cygwin setup, but had to get the source version of mpfr in order to get the header files to rebuild gfortran.

I think there are mpfr-devel and gmp-devel packages that bring in the headers. Are you building on cygwin without any patching of stdlib or other libraries? I have been having no success as of a couple of weeks ago, so I have not attempted to update the binary on the wiki for a while.

Advice would be appreciated.

Jerry