Re: [fortran, documentation, patch] intrinsic.texi: fix examples

Daniel Franke wrote:
Some examples do not compile and/or run if copied verbatim from the manual. After this patch is applied, there are still some issues left, but those are documented together with the example (e.g. ALARM, SIGNAL, RANDOM_NUMBER).

2007-04-22 Daniel Franke <franke.daniel@gmail.com>

* intrinsic.texi (AND, FPUT, FPUTC, MODULO, OR, SET_EXPONENT, XOR): Fixed examples.

I see that FX has already approved this, but I wanted to specifically thank you for doing this. It's been nagging at me that we haven't actually compile-checked the examples, and was sitting somewhere on my to-do list, but so far down that I wasn't going to get to it for quite a while. So: Thank you!

One little question, though. On this change:
-  CHARACTER(len=*) :: str = "gfortran"
+  CHARACTER(len=10) :: str = "gfortran"

Why len=10, rather than len=8?

- Brooks