Re: Speed comparison with Intel compiler

Steve Kargl wrote:
How could I (easily) tell what is
taking so long time (I guess I could try to prepare some simpler
program which shows the same effect)?

man gprof

You can also use an optimize blas instead of MATMUL.  See the
gfortran docs.

Profiling is the only way to really tell. I presume your rotation matrices are 2x2 complex matrices, where using BLAS won't buy you anything, but which OTOH means that gcc's safe complex multiplication could be the culprit. I seem to recall that ifc uses the naive algorithm for complex multiplication, foregoing numerical stability. Gfortran OTOH only uses it when -ffast-math is given, and the library is not compiled with -ffast-math.

- Tobi