Re: RFC: gfc_simplify_transfer implementation.

Dear All,

As soon as I sent the mail, I understood why this sentence is completely wrong. But
anyway, is there any reason that the following wouldn't work for taking care of memory
representation:
- create a constant tree from the constant value
- fold_convert the value into the other type of similar length
- read back the value from the constant tree

This is how I thought to do this in the first place. However, you right away run into problems with arrays. I guess that it could be effected in the same way that equivalences are handles in trans-common.c - ie. make a union of the source with the destination..... uuuggghhh!

Is it really beyond our wit to get the numerics right?

Paul

--
Saint Augustine - "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet"

-- Saint Augustine - "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet"