Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix undue out-of-bounds warning (PR30655)

Bootstrapped and regtested some time ago on i686-linux, currently rebootstrapping and reregtesting on x86_64-linux. OK for mainline and 4.2?

OK for mainline, with the above changes (assuming that you agree with my logic!).

Your review was right on all counts (and yes, comparing the stride to 0 can yield CMP_UNKNOWN, that was the tricky thing that got me writing this code in the first place). I modified the patch according to your suggestions. Commited to mainline as rev. 123187:

http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?root=gcc&view=rev&rev=123187

Also ok for 4.2 if this is fixing a regression. If it isn't, I think I'd like to ask for a second opinion on that (or feel free to email Mark and lobby for including it).

I'm not pushing for 4.2 at all, as it's not a regression fix and it's simply a warning. In fact, I think it better to leave 4.2 alone when we can afford to. :)

FX