Re: Patch to not link in libgfortranbegin.a when building ftn shared libs

Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Try writing your own rule for that, using "$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC" instead
> of the fortran tag.
>
> Paolo

I was hoping to avoid that.  In reading the automake documentation I see:

| If `library_LIBTOOLFLAGS' is not defined, the global AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS
| variable is used instead.
|
| These flags are passed to libtool after the --tag=TAG option computed by
| Automake (if any), so `library_LIBTOOLFLAGS' (or AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS) is the
| good place to override or supplement the --tag=TAG setting.

So I am trying to set "libgfortran_LIBTOOLFLAGS = --tag=CC" in
Makefile.am but it doesn't seem to be working.  The documentation is
from automake 1.10 and I am using 1.9.6, maybe this is a new feature.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com