Re: No unused constant warnings

At 10:54 PM 3/10/2007, FX Coudert wrote:
From a fairly quick look through the source code, it appears that
the warning in question is produced when a local-variable
declaration is generated, in the part of the code that produces a
language-independent representation to be passed along to the GCC
optimizers and backends.

At that point, parameters and constants have generally already been
folded in and so forth, and so (as far as I know) there isn't
really a comparable place in the code to put in a parallel check
for them.

Of course, it doesn't mean it can't be implemented at all, or even it isn't worth implementing.

Could you file a bug-report about it? (http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla)

Indeed, and I should have mentioned that! In any case, Terry emailed me privately to say that he's already done so.

Thanks!
- Brooks