Re: symbol names are not created with stdcall syntax: MINGW, (GCC) 4.3.0 20061021

I am trying to compile f90 code into objects that generate the symbol
names in stdcall syntax, i.e. _symname@NN We need the stdcall decorations
since we build a dll that is called from an app that needs to do all calls
with stdcall.

As was already noted, there are two different problems here: the calling convention, and the name decoration.

From what I read, I don't know what you think is gfortran-specific
about your problem. If you can manage to get it done for C code, but
can't do it for Fortran code, then please post an example of working C
code and options to the list. If it doesn't work either for C code, I
suggest posting to the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing-list, or asking on
the mingw list.

PS: about the fact that assembler and linker options are shown by
--target-help, I filed a PR for that.

On a side note: Is there an archive for previous gfortran mingw builds?

If you're talking about the mingw binaries available on quatramaran.ens.fr (and linked from the GFortran wiki), then the answer is: it depends. There sometimes are older binaries around, but I did some cleanup recently and removed them :)