Brooks Moses wrote:
Daniel Franke wrote:
+The @code{HANDLER} may either a @code{SUBROUTINE}, a @code{INTEGER FUNCTION} or
+an @code{INTEGER} scalar. The scalar values may be either @code{SIG_IGN=1} to
+ignore the alarm generated or @code{SIG_DFL=0} to set the default action.
+
 @item @emph{Standard}:
 GNU extension

On the other hand, this change seems independent. Assuming that you've tested to make sure that our ALARM implementation actually conforms to that added paragraph in practice, I think that this should be committed to trunk and 4.2.

Actually, now that I look at this more, that paragraph really belongs in the "Arguments" section. Like so, replacing the current @code{HANDLER} entry (which it's a substantial improvement over!):

---------
@item @var{HANDLER} @tab Shall be a @code{SUBROUTINE}, a @code{INTEGER FUNCTION} or an @code{INTEGER} scalar. The scalar values may be either @code{SIG_IGN=1} to ignore the alarm generated or @code{SIG_DFL=0} to set the default action.
---------

Since this is largely just restating what's already there, it probably doesn't need to be explicitly tested (though it wouldn't hurt).

Sorry for sending so many replies!

- Brooks