Re: reworking intrinsic procedures

We have a code which supports using e.g. integer*8 as the "default" for many variables. Requiring the user to convert arguments to the default integer kind first would be annoying. Having the compiler convert the arguments to the default integer kind would be fine, since -- likely -- the implementation of the intrinsic would do that anyway internally.

Two more things I should have said in my previous mail:

* Due to the early release of 4.2.0, it will be a 4.3-only work, as it will change library ABI
* As it will probably require to write code for translation of each intrinsic in trans-intrinsics.c, it's probably a good time to also think about passing the INTENT(IN) arguments of these intrinsics by value, instead of by reference. It will help the compiler by reducing the number of adressable variables.

FX