Re: reworking intrinsic procedures

On Mar 4, 2007, at 20:30:06, Daniel Franke wrote:

As I see it, everyone involved here seems to be happy with: implement library
functions for default kinds and either reject anything else, or silently cast
it to default types if necessary.

We have a code which supports using e.g. integer*8 as the "default" for many variables. Requiring the user to convert arguments to the default integer kind first would be annoying. Having the compiler convert the arguments to the default integer kind would be fine, since -- likely -- the implementation of the intrinsic would do that anyway internally.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter@cct.lsu.edu>