Re: [patch, fortran, committed] Document COMPLEX*k syntax quirk.

Brooks Moses wrote:
Tobias Burnus wrote:
Well, the kind number matches the complete byte-size of the complex variable (Re+Im). I think something like:

+/* Match an extended-f77 kind specification.  This assumes that the kind
+   number is equal to the byte size; for COMPLEX it is the total byte size
+   of real plus imaginary part.  */

You're confusing "kind number" and "the integer following the '*'". The latter is the byte size (as the documentation now says), not the kind number. The kind number is the value that gets assigned to ts->kind, just like it is in the rest of GFortran. _That_ kind number is equal to half of the (total) byte size for a COMPLEX number.

Does the comment need to clarify that? If so, I can try to make it clearer.

Specifically, how about:

/* Match an extended-f77 "TYPESPEC*bytesize"-style kind specification.
   This assumes that the byte size is equal to the kind number for
   non-COMPLEX types, and equal to twice the kind number for COMPLEX.
   */

- Brooks