Re: revised PATCH: CALL_EXPR representation changes, part 0/9 (table of contents)

Jan Hubicka wrote:
Hi,
this is report from memory tester, overall it seems to be slight memory
consumption increase. Are there any plans to get the memory back?

I'm not completely sure where the increase is coming from; Sandra may have a better idea. My guess, though, is that this is coming from some of the places where the original TREE_LIST representation of the argument list hasn't been completely removed, and so the compiler ends up doing most of the processing with the new representation and then has to cons up a TREE_LIST version as well. If that's what the increased memory consumption is coming from, there's definitely an intention to address that. See the "remaining CALL_EXPR related cleanups" thread for details.

(And it looks like, while I was writing this, Paolo suggested the same thing.)

Thanks for checking this!

- Brooks