Re: A couple of issues

WARNING: nice Junior job proposed in this mail :)

Page 94, lines 9-11 (clause 5) is the relevant quote.  It makes no
distinction between real and integer arrays with regards to
transformational intrinsics such as RESHAPE.  The distinction between
real and integer arguments applies only to the elemental intrinsics in
clause 4, which are a different matter.

The Fortran 2003 standard, section 7.1.7, has essentially the same
provisions, except that it removes the restriction of elemental
intrinsics to only integer or character arguments, and thus allows real
and complex arguments as well.

The detection of intrinsics allowed and not allowed in initialization expressions with -std=f95 and -std=f2003 is problematic in gfortran. There's already a PR open for an example of that, and it would really be a nice Junior job. I can provide help with the front-end handling of intrinsics if need be (and so can other people on the list, I guess)

FX