References to components of arrays of derived types.

Could somebody remind me, please, of what a reference to the array formed by components of a derived type array or by substrings of a character array should be called. I know that I read it somewhere recently but I cannot recall where.

I have a fix to pr30284 and pr30626 that recycles gfc_conv_aliased_arg. Since I am now convinced that Tobi Schlueter was right to argue that this was misnamed, I thought that it is time to put this wrong right and want to give this function the right name and for the comments to use the correct terminology.

Thanks in advance

Paul