Re: patch(es) to date for fortran-experiments

i've attached an updated version of the patches that i've made for the
fortran-experiments branch.  this one has no changes of substance; it's
simply a whitespace/cleanup effort.  the patch is rather long since i
changed more than just the patches that i've submitted recently -- i also
went through and tried fixing the code that was part of the original
patch.  my apologies to the reviewer.  if the diff isn't acceptable, let
me know and i'll create smaller diff files.

i think i got all of the comments made by Bernhard, and in general, the
following changes were made:
- added the space between function names and the left paren
- space between if/for/while/etc. and the left paren
- removed my /* end if/for/etc. */ comments.
- indented the curly braces according to given instruction
- replaced 8 spaces with tab characters
- indented by increments of 2 spaces (instead of the 3 my emacs originally
used)
- removed dead code and some useless comments

that should cover all the changes this patch makes.  again, the attached
diff includes whitespace and coding style corrections for all of the
patches i've posted so far, and hopefully, a large amount of the original
iso_c_binding patch.

let me know if you have any questions or problems with the diff.
bootstrapped and regtested on x86 with no new failures (c_kind_params and
csqrt_2 are still failing unexpectedly).

thanks.
Chris