Re: [patch, fortran] PR27698 - Add diagnostic message for invalid names

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 05:50:49PM +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> :ADDPATCH fortran:
>
> According to 3.2.1, a name is
> letter [alphanumeric-character]...
>
> While we did reject invalid names, this PR wanted to have a diagnostic
> message to be printed along rejecting the invalid name.
>
> The attached patch adds this diagnostic message, adds one testcase to
> expect the newly added error message and adjusts testcases that trigger
> the new error.

Why is do_iterator.f90 trigger the patch?  Is this a illegal code triggering
the wrong error message?

> A vaguely related issue in the area of invalid names is whether or not
> -fdollar-ok should allow for the '$' as the very first character in a
> name ?). Accepting it would mean that implicit types may need to be
> updated for dollar as first char ?)
> Attached patch does not address this issue.

IMHO, $ should not be allowed in the 1st position.  But, I'll concede
that I don't know what the form of this extension is with respect to
dusty deck code.

--
Steve