Re: A question on GFortran

Angelo Graziosi <Angelo.Graziosi@roma1.infn.it> wrote on Wed, 27 Dec 2006:
This is because G77 does not intercept the execution of

STOP 99901

like an abnormal termination.

I would ask if there is a GFC option or environment variable to set so that the GFC behaviour is similar to that of G77.

Can you file a bug report with http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla, please. While I think gfortran does The Right Thing, lots of code may depend on this (mis-)feature in g77, and we should offer compatibility with it. BTW, from briefly looking over the code, it looks like gfortran returns zero for STOP "string".

Cheers,
- Tobi

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.