Re: [gfortran, patch] Fix -ff2c type mismatches

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 08:21:08PM +0100, Tobias Schl?ter wrote:

> f2c calling conventions require that a scalar default REAL function
> actually returns the C type double.  Our current implementation makes
> the function symbol's backend_decl of type double, which in the case
> of no explicit RESULT variable leads to all kinds of type mismatches.
> This patch fixes this, by only making the function REAL*8, not the
> RESULT variable, and then converting the result variable to REAL*8
> when passing it to the function result.
>
> Built and tested on i386-darwin, this passes the testsuite except for
> the failures which are due to PR29516.  Ok?

OK.

Note, this bootstrapped and passed regression testing on x86_64-*-freebsd.

Tobi, this might be considered a regression with respect to g77
(although I believe g77 did not support RESULT).  I'll leave it
to your discretion whether to backport to the 4.2 branch.

--
Steve