Re: Bounds-checking for Fortran testsuite was: Re: [gfortran, testsuite] Fix bounds checking for substrings, enable bounds chekcing in dg testsuite, assorted fixes

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 12:13 +0100, Tobias SchlÃter wrote:
> Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote on Wed, 13 Dec 2006:
> >> With this patch gfortran passes the testsuite with no unexpected
> >> failures on i386-darwin, provided my workaround for PR 29516 is in
> >> place.
> >
> > This breaks gfortran testing on powerpc-darwin:
> > ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "is-effective-target powerpc_altivec_ok" does not
> > exist.
> > The error code is NONE
> > The info on the error is:
> > no files matched glob pattern
> > "/Users/pinskia/src/trunk/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.fortran-torture/gfortran*"
> >     while executing
> > "glob
> > /Users/pinskia/src/trunk/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.fortran-torture/gfortran*"
> >     invoked from within
> > "catch "glob ${path}/${pattern}" tmp"
>
> My Tcl-fu is nil, but does this patch fix it?

Most likely but this patch is not enough to keep some failures away if
the target GCC supports altivec but the machine does not.  Likewise for
SSE2.  FX's testresults show those failures.  Maybe adding the testing
of a trivial.f90 which contains a couple of vectorizable loops inside
fortran-torture.exp will fix that issue.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski