Re: [gfortran, testsuite] Fix bounds checking for substrings, enable bounds chekcing in dg testsuite, assorted fixes

Dorit Nuzman <DORIT@il.ibm.com> wrote on Sun, 10 Dec 2006:
WRT the rest of the discussion, I'd like to point out that -O3
-ftree-vectorize currently ICEs on a few testcases (PR30087), which is

Does this patch fix the problem?: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-12/msg00267.html

I can't tell. After a few days of not being able to bootstrap, I'm now running into trouble with the testsuite: the linker invoked in the testsuite doesn't find libgfortranbegin.

To overcome the problem Andrew mentions here -
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-12/msg00532.html,
you can look at how gcc.dg/vect/vect.exp computes which target options to
use with -ftree-vectorize.

This looks very useful, thanks for the pointer. Do you think that it makes sense to test gfortran with -ftree-vectorize or are vect testsuites comprehensive enough?

Thanks,
- Tobi