internal compiler error: in fold_convert, at fold-const.c:2036

Hi,

Gfortran of a few weeks ago, could compile this
software without any problems, but now I get this
internal compiler error with a particular piece of
code. I have stripped the source file as much
as I could, which still produces the error.
(mind: I don't know much about fortran).

I understand that the code below depends on the
module 'lattice', which possibly has the culprit of
the problem. Therefore other necessary files are
here
  http://mbm.snu.ac.kr/~lahaye/gcc
and I hope this helps to resolve this issue.

Here follows is the stripped source, named "us.f":

MODULE us
  INTERFACE
      SUBROUTINE DEPLE(LATT_CUR)
      USE lattice
      TYPE (latt)        LATT_CUR
      END SUBROUTINE
  END INTERFACE

      CONTAINS

      SUBROUTINE STRDEP(LATT_CUR)
      USE lattice
      TYPE (latt)        LATT_CUR,LATT_FIN
      LATT_FIN=LATT_CUR
      RETURN
      END SUBROUTINE

      SUBROUTINE SET_CHARGE(LATT_CUR)
      USE lattice
      TYPE (latt)        LATT_CUR
      CALL DEPLE(LATT_CUR)   ! this is line 22
      END SUBROUTINE SET_CHARGE

END MODULE

I compile this as:
 $ /opt/gcc/bin/gfortran -ffree-form -c us.f
 /tmp/us.f: In function 'strdep':
 /tmp/us.f:22: internal compiler error:
      in fold_convert, at fold-const.c:2036
 Please submit a full bug report,
 See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for
      instructions.

If I comment out "LATT_FIN=LATT_CUR", then all is
fine.

I'm willing to do any further testing, if needed.

svn version info:
 GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.1.2 20061212 (prerelease)

Regards,
Rob.