Re: how to force preprocessing of *.f90 files (i.e., not *.F90)

Dear all,

thank you very much for your three answers.
I have just added "-x f95-cpp-input" to my Makefile
and everything works fine now.

Thank you again very much,
Best regards,

Dimitri Komatitsch.

Brooks Moses wrote:
Dimitri Komatitsch wrote:
Is there a way of forcing preprocessing in gfortran
when the files are named *.f90 rather than *.F90 ?
I maintain a package in which all files are called *.f90 but contain
#define directives. With other compilers (for instance Intel ifort)
we force preprocessing by adding the "-cpp " option, is there something
equivalent in gfortran? if not, it could be a good idea to add it.

(I checked the manual and did not find such an option, I hope I did not miss it...)

That's in my notes of things that need to be added to the gfortran manual, though it's documented in a somewhat obscure corner of the main gcc manual (under options for setting the source-code language, if I remember correctly).

In any case, the relevant option is "-x f95-cpp-input". Conversely, if you have a *.F90 file that you don't want to preprocess, "-x f95" turns off the preprocessor.

Also, though this part isn't even mentioned in the gcc manual, you can use "f77" in place of "f95" in those options for fixed-form source files.

- Brooks

Benjamin Réveillé wrote: > Have you tried "-x f95-cpp-input" > > Ben >

--
Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor of Geophysics, University of Pau, France