Re: Announce: MPFR 2.2.1 is released

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Paolo Bonzini <paolo.bonzini@lu.unisi.ch> writes:
> > > That idea got nixed, but I think it's time to revisit it.  Paolo has
> > > worked out the kinks in the configury and we should apply his patch and
> > > import the gmp/mpfr sources, IMHO.
> >
> > Note that these two issues (my patch, which by the way was started and
> > tested by Nick Clifton, and whether to import the sources), are
> > completely separate.
>
> I would be agreeable to a patch which allowed the sources to be
> in-tree, even if we don't import the sources, provided we can agree on
> the technical issues thereof.

Paolo, where is the latest version of your patch?  The last one I saw was:

but you were going to incorporate some of the feedback I sent, and
(possibly) change to creating static libs with no install:

I never saw an updated version.  I'd like to test it and see if we can get
it aproved.  Then the discussion moves on to whether to include the
sources or not (which I agree is completely separate.)

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu