Re: Patches for PR29464, PR29821 & PR29916 - ping*3

Hi Paul,

These patches are beginning to suffer from bit-rot. I have already pinged them once. I propose to commit them to trunk on Saturday morning, unless somebody intervenes with reviews, and to follow with a commit to 4.2 a week later.

I'm sorry that I'm in no position to do any gfortran-related work these days, and really can't review your patches. I did a bit of reading anyway, and I think your patches for PR29821 & PR29916 are OK. For PR29821, I don't have a definite opinion on what whether we should return the result, but I think doing it the way it's done in your patch is OK (especially with the comment).

For PR29464, I understand your eagerness to have it commited and also agree that reviewing power is not very high these days (I'm partially guilty for that) but I frankly don't think a patch 4 days old is really something unacceptable :) Since we've had a few regressions on 4.2/4.3 recently (see Joost' recent meta-PR; his code used to build perfectly fine, I use it for my day work!), maybe we should play a little safer.

FX