Re: gfortran patch for PR28974 Slow compilation of data statements.

Bud Davis wrote:

--- Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@verizon.net> wrote:
While working pr24978,

jerry,

that number sounds familiar.  i looked at that a while
back.  if i remember correctly, it turned out to be
initializing the same element more than once....which
already is accepted for some kinds of data
types....and not for others.

to sum it up, i gave up when i saw how much work it
would be.

my hat is off to you !!!

--bud

Thats exactly it. There are several places that have to be checked and the right error/warning emitted. I have managed to catch my 6 test cases so far, but regressed a couple of places where we error when we shouldn't. I just need to keep at it. One case thats tricky is an array of user defined type that has an array in it. The same element of the first array is repeated but the sublevel is not. Its interesting.

Jerry