Re: Runtime for "make check-fortran" on Cygwin? What's typical?

Brooks Moses wrote:
So, I finally got dejagnu worked out to run properly on my Cygwin installation. (The relevant incantation seemed to be "setenv DEJAGNULIBS /usr/share/dejagnu", to fix an error of "couldn't find runtext.exp") And so I did a run of "make check-fortran", to make sure it was working, and get a baseline before making changes.

Eight hours later, I think it's almost done. Most of the time, it hasn't been using the CPU much at all, but the disk is working away.

Is this normal for Cygwin? How long does a "make check-fortran" run usually take? What about on non-Cygwin machines?

On i686-pc-linux-gnu, with my 1.8 GHz Athlon 64, make check-fortran takes about 20 minutes. With the cpu pegged, moderate io load.

I've heard that cygwin is slow, but 8 hours vs. 20 minutes, wow.

--
Janne Blomqvist