Re: Inconsitancies with 'INQUIRE'

Hi,

Philippe Schaffnit wrote:
> So, for me 'INQUIRE ( FILE = ..., EXIST = ..., READ = ..., FORMATTED =
> ... )' behaves in a somewhat random way. Has any one seen that before?,
> should I file a PR? Can any one reproduce it? (It's not a given, as it
> might have to do with how the file was created... I use NEdit...).

One bug I found:
inquire()  returns formatted == "YES" for files it cannot read.
It should return "UNKNOWN".

(Actually, ifort  and NAG f95 return "UNKNOWN" for formatted and
readable even if the file is readable; except for exists, I wouldn't
depend too much on readable -- and even less on formatted. In case of
NAG, the readable status is only right, if the file is opened.)

Currently, I get with gfortran "T  YES  YES", what do you get, i.e.
which of the tests gives wrong/inconsistent results?
Is it existst, read or formatted? And what do you get and what did you
expect to get?

Tobias