Re: F2003 features (was: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR20541 - allocatable components (TR15541))

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> PS: I wonder, which of the bigger Fortran 2003 features are first
> implemented by a larger number of compilers.
> [Having them in one compiler is nice, however, only if several compilers
> have it, one can seriously start using the features. Even the
> TR15581/allocatable feature, most compilers have, I would still try to
> omit, except for my personal run-only-here programs.]
>
> "stream", TR15581/allocatable and command-line support are surely
> leading (ifort, NAG, g95, gfortran).
>
> C-bindings probably come next (g95, NAG)
>
> But then?

Judging by recent posts on comp.lang.fortran...
* At least one commercial compiler has some or all of the IEEE support.
* At least one commercial compiler has at least partial support for the OO-related module stuff (Richard should be able to elaborate, as it was his code and I believe he said that it worked on one compiler).

Someone could post a straw poll to clf to see which (currently unimplemented) F2003 feature would be the most useful to the folks there.