Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix PR27588: Add substring out of bounds check

Hi,

Steve Kargl schrieb:
>> The output error is (e.g.):
>> Fortran runtime error: Substring out of bounds: lower bound is less than
>> one (in file 'string2.f90', at line 5)
>>

> I think the error message would read better without the parenthesis and comma.
>
> Fortran runtime error: Substring out of bounds: upper bound exceeds
> string length in file 'cbnd1.for' at line 5
>
> or
>
> Fortran runtime error: In file 'cbnd1.for' at line 5, substring out of
> bounds because upper bound exceeds string length

No problem with changing this; this has, however, nothing to to with
this patch as gfc_trans_runtime_check is shared by (at least) the array
bound tests.

Actually, I prefer the former: (what happened, where did it happen)
rather than (where did it happen, what did happen actually?); and
without "()" it also looks nicer.

If anyone is in favour of it, I can create a proper patch (and check the
testcases to make sure they don't break).

Tobias

--- gcc/fortran/trans.c (working copy)
*************** gfc_trans_runtime_check (tree cond, cons
*** 329,339 ****
!       asprintf (&message, "%s (in file '%s', at line %d)", _(msgid),
!     asprintf (&message, "%s (in file '%s', around line %d)", _(msgid),