Re: [Patch, fortran] PR19262 more than thirty-nine continuation lines should issue a std-warn

Hello,

François-Xavier Coudert wrote:
>> I am also issuing a warning if the respective limit is exceeded when
>> -pedantic
>> is given, regardless of any -std specified.
>
> In my view, that contradicts the general working of -pedantic as a
> flag turning extensions (wrt the standard applying, be it explicitly
> specified or not) warnings into errors, to require full
> standard-checking.

Hmm, returning an error contradicts a bit the manpage:

-pedantic
       Issue warnings for uses of extensions to FORTRAN 95.  -pedantic
       also applies to C-language constructs where they occur in
       GNU Fortran source files, such as use of \e in a character
       constant within a directive like #include.
-pedantic-errors
       Like -pedantic, except that errors are produced rather than
       warnings.

-Werror
       Turns all warnings into errors.

Tobias