Re: [Patch, fortran] PR19262 more than thirty-nine continuation lines should issue a std-warn

Hello,

FX Coudert wrote:
> As others have already said, it's probably not the behaviour we want.
> We'd like the limit to be 39 if -std=f95, 255 if -std=f2003, and
> probably no limit if -std=gnu, don't we? Furthermore, an error should be
> issued if -pedantic and a warning otherwise.

As long as a warning is also given by default (and not only for
-std=f*), I'm fine with having an unlimited number of continuation lines
if -std=gnu is given.

I still like to have -maxcont=N; Then one can compile

FFLAGS=-pedantic-errors -Werror -maxcont=39 -std=f95

to find problems in the source code, even if one knows that one exceeds
the 19 contination lines limit of fixed form source code.
(www.flapw.de, e.g., is valid f95 except of the >19 continutation lines.)

Tobias