[Fwd: [ANN]: gfortran Plugin for Xcode]

Thought this would be interesting the list.

-- Pinski
--- Begin Message --- Hi All,

A few months back we announced a contest on MacResearch.org asking someone to write a gFortran plugin for Xcode 2.4 on PPC and Intel. We are pleased to announce that we now have a winning entry and the accompanying files are posted on the MacResearch.org website. Instructions for installing and using the plugin are posted as well.

As the plugin is a work in progress there may be some problems with it, but the source code is available for those interested in improving it. We've attempted to anticipate many of the more common issues that could arise.

Finally, I'd like to thank Damien Bobillot for his efforts in deconstructing the plugin spec and for creating this particular plugin. And I'd also like to thank Gaurav Khanna for graciously providing the gfortran builds on http://hpc.sourceforge.net and for allowing us to mirror two of his gfortran builds to help streamline the download process.

The full link to the article is:

http://www.macresearch.org/xcode_gfortran_contest_winner_damien_bobillot

Hopefully many of you will find the plugin useful.

Regards,

Dave

David W. Gohara, Ph.D.
Center for Computational Biology