Re: dependencies

Daniel Franke wrote:
On Friday 08 September 2006 18:23, Warren Turkal wrote:
Is there a way to make gfortran generate make dependencies a la gcc -M?

I spent the last week to work around these issues and could no come up with something more reasonable than the scripts already mentioned. Since I usually use autotools, I strive(d) to include depency checking automagically into my project setup.

My knowledge of automake/autoconf is reasonable but far from wizardry.
Could -by any chance- someone comment on the probability to get full dependency tracking with gfortran and autotools working within a reasonable amount of time? (I would have asked this at the official autoconf mailing list, but it seems, that it was abandoned a couple of months ago?!)

What I've done with automake and makedepf90 is to define a "depend" target as well as include the generated dependency information in Makefile.am, which then gets included into the "real" Makefile. Something like:

include depend.mk

# Dependencies generated by "makedepf90" tool.
depend depend.mk:
        makedepf90 $(myprogram_SOURCES) >depend.mk

So then I can (re)generate the dependency information (in depend.mk) by running "make depend".

-- Janne Blomqvist