Re: gfortran, -static and cctools

   Actually I was trying to use -static for force gfortran to link
in the static libgfortran library so I could archive aside a copy
of a working binary for the nan_inf_fmt.f90 testcase built with
a gcc trunk that had been built with Xcode 2.3. The same command
works fine with gcc trunk on linux.

linux is different. But FWIW the command is wrong since there's no crt0.o on darwin.

A first check would be to determine whether or not the object files are different between the two, then check the binary.

-eric