A backlog of patches

Dear Fortran Reviewers,

I suppose that the slow summer season is upon us and that you are not finding time for reviewing patches? Anyway, I have been quite busy and have submitted a number of patches that have not been responded to except for one remark on a typo and #6 being OK'd by Erik Edelmann.

I propose to commit the lot on Sunday, unless anybody has any objections. Patches 2], 3], 4] and 5] are obvious or safe. I would dearly like somebody to cast an eye over 1], even though I am confident that it is an enormous improvement over the present handling of derived type association.

1] reforms derived type association and puts it back in the frontend, where it belongs; the logic is more or less correct, as it stands, but it does have the two bugs and it just ain't pretty in trans-types.c! 6] Fixes a problem with dependency chains in local variable declarations; depending on what letter the symbol names start with, they can come out in the wrong order, with wierd and wonderful consequences. Both of these have been thoroughly tested; the gfortran testsuite, the Polyhedron suite and tonto-2.3 all pass with flying colours.

1] Derived type association
PR28630 - ICE due to a module function returning a derived type
PR28601 - ICE on reexport of renamed type
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-08/msg00154.html

2] Derived type constructors
PR28425 - Derived type initialization via a derived  type is broken
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-08/msg00127.html

3] Host association of the string length variable... or lack of
PR28600 - ICE on character pointer assignment
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-08/msg00155.html

4] Passing generic names
PR20886 - passing generic name as dummy argument
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-08/msg00166.html

5] A coding error by yours truly
PR28496 - Error during array initialization
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-08/msg00167.html

6] Local variable declarations happening in the wrong order
PR28660 - Spurious warning: 'ubound.6' is used uninitialized in this function
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2006-08/msg00170.html Thanks for checking this one
out, Erik!

Best regards

Paul