Re: [Patch libfortran/28452] random intrinsics for large reals

Thomas> Sorry 'bout that, I will revert that shortly.

Thomas> Where is the correct version of automake to use documented?

Thomas> On trunk, gcc/doc/install.texi still lists automake 1.9.3.  This
Thomas> is what I was following.  I also don't see any mention of automake
Thomas> 1.9.6 in the Makefile.

	I am not sure where it is documented.  Using 1.9.3 probably is not
wrong, but it is a change from the previous version of Automake that had
generated Makefile.in.  The version number of Automake is stated at the
top of the generated file.

	Ian Taylor looked at the problem a little more and noticed that
libgfortran/configure has not been substituting "CFLAGS" for a long time.
Similarly "AM_FFLAGS" is not substituted.

	The fundamental problem is the assumptions between configure.ac
and Makefile.in do not match.  Either configure.ac needs to list the
variables needing substitution that Automake will reference or Automake
should not reference those variables.  Either approach works, but it need
to be consistent and Makefile.in generated by Automake 1.9.3 is not.

	Please look at the diffs for generated files, like Makefile.in, to
catch these types of problems before checking them in.

Thanks, David