Re: segfault with gfortran > 4.0.3

Hi Steven,

This is a different situation from the one you mention, and although
there are clearly legal issues, I thought that there was enough room
there for a judgement call:

Firstly, I have been CCing Arne Drud, the developer of the code in
question, and he has replied already, at least to Steve Kargl anyway.
I'm in a position of trust here and I very much want to solve this
problem without causing any concerns for Arne.

Secondly, I was not suggesting that this code would become part of
gfortran: I was just asking that you look at it, run it through
gfortran, and try to work out why it was causing a segfault. Whether or
not you incorporate the code into your ongoing regression test suite is
quite a separate issue to solving the actual problem, in my view (and I
would rather you didn't do that).

At this point the best thing we can do is to leave the matter with Arne
Drud so that he can devise a smaller, unencumbered test case, which he
is currently endeavouring to do.

Thanks again everyone for your efforts to date on this,

Cheers
JP

--
John Pye
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering