Re: [gfortran,patch] Add ACCESS, CHMOD, GMTIME, LTIME, RSHIFT and LSHIFT g77 intrinsics

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 11:44:27AM +0200, Fran?ois-Xavier Coudert wrote:

> I believe the patch is otherwise simple and clean, except for the
> dirty library implementation on CHMOD, which currently forks, execs
> /bin/chmod and waits. It's not very clean, but it's protected by
> configure magic and writing (or importing) a parser of symbolic modes
> is just too much pain for me.

Two comments.

1) I think you can remove the simplification function prototypes
   for lshift and rshift and update intrinsics.c to remove the
   comments.  I haven't looked, but I would be surprised if the
   middle-end didn't fold LSHIFT_EXPR and RSHIFT_EXPR.

2) In your comments for gmtime and lttime, I see non-printable
   control characters in the comments.  For example,

+/* GMTIME(STIME, TARRAY) - Non-standard
+
+   extracted from it appropriate to the GMT time zone using gmtime(3).
+
+   The array elements are as follows:
+
+      1. Seconds after the minute, range 0\xe2\x80\x9359 or 0\xe2\x80\x9361
 to allow for leap seconds

Can you change these to something that a dumb terminal can render?

Otherwise, OK to commit.

--
Steve