Re: -frecord-marker

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006, Janne Blomqvist wrote:
> Personally, I'd be happy if we had a single record marker format (be
> it the current 64-bit marker or the Intel method), and directed users
> to use F2003 stream (or heaven forbid, C) to read/write other record
> marker formats. Everybody has slightly different needs, we can't meet
> them all by adding yet another "feature".

I'm happy for there to be a single record marker format on the condition
that it's Intel's. As the previous poster mentioned, gfortran's 64-bit
marker isn't just incompatible with Intel, it's incompatible with pretty
much every other Fortran compiler on the planet.
And currently there exists no method at all for making it properly
compatible with *any* of them.

Keith.