Re: oldbie -- format help

On Jul 10, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:

It is many years since I programmed in fortran.  I am
compiling some code with gfortran. I now need to modify
this read statement:

read (8, '(5f10.6)') ((x(i+n*(j-1)), i=1,m), j=1,n)

Etc.

Please do not simultaneously post the same query to multiple forums. This results in various annoyances, confusions, and duplications because people who participate in both forums get confused about what things have been said in which forum. Don't think that it will get faster and better responses. It may well get fewer responses, as some people get annoyed enough by the practice that they refuse to respond to any such postings. I (and others) have already answered this one in comp.lang.fortran... which is a more appropriate forum, as this is a general Fortran question rather than a gfortran-specific one.

I'm not going to repeat the same answer here.

--
Richard Maine                |  Good judgment comes from experience;
Richard.Maine@nasa.gov       |  experience comes from bad judgment.